What’s Next? – TransitionsPosted: March 4, 2011
What’s Next? When You are Considering a Change in Location, Vocation or Both
This article by Bill Wilson with Chris Gambill ran in the March 2011 edition of Baptists Today.
- Read the full article at our website or on the Baptists Today website.
- Read the full interview with Chip Bishop.
- Take a survey and share your experience of considering transitions.
- Read the survey responses from other ministers.
Resources for Considering a Change
The Center is available to help with your decisions about transitions.
- Ask yourself these important questions:
- What do you think is the ideal length of time for a minister to stay at one church?
- Do you have a tenure in mind when you start at a ministry position?
- Does knowing that Jesus provided us with a “theology of failure” (Mt. 10:14) make your ministry struggles more bearable?
- Would you consider using a coach to guide you through the process of career choices?
- If you are looking for a coach, turn to the Center for help. Our coaches guide ministers through strategic and goal-setting exercises to achieve better results in both personal and professional environments.
- The Center for Congregational Health offers other services such as leadership development and consulting. Let us help you and your congregation through decisions of transitions.